Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Sr. Sto. Niño de Cebu

  • Sunday, December 26, 2010
  • Labels:


  • Howdy everybody, I couldn't believe it, this is my second blog post ( great achievement, I think..LOL). I'll admit to you guys that I am a church-goer (even though it's not quite obvious but it's true..). I used to thank to the almighty one for all the graces or blessings that he had been showered on me and to my family as well. I also seek forgiveness for all the mistakes or sins that I've done. For the countless blessings that he had been showered on me, I decided to be a devotee of the miraculous Sr. Sto. Niño de Cebu. I always visit the miraculous Sto. Niño every sunday, I used to adjust to my hectic schedule (busy-busy kunuhay...LOL) just to say a little prayer to the holy child. Come on and see what's inside the Basilica del Sto. Niño.

    Inside the Basilica del Sto. Niño church, quite lovely with matching sparkling chandeliers and with all those antique icons.
    This hallway will lead you to the resting place of the miraculous Sr. Sto. Niño de Cebu. Come on and say a little prayer to miraculous child.
    I don't know what's the history of this portrait but I like it much. It tells something to me, some kind of psychic.

    I will never forget this place, something special happened to me on this place. This is one of my favorite place inside the Basilica compound , I like the good ambiance of this place away from stress.
    Fountain inside the Basilica del Sto. Niño compound. Some people made this area as dating place or social gathering, they forgot the sacredness or holiness of the place.
    Many devotees of these saints who asked for forgiveness or they pray for their own intentions.
    Human size statues of Jesus of Nazareth with Mother Mary and Mary Magdalene. This is inside the Basilica del Sto. Niño church.
    Flowing water or we can say that there's a fishpond inside the Basilica del Sto. Niño compound.
    See there's a fishpond inside the Basilica del Sto. Niño Compound, but wait why is it there are so many coins? hhhmpppp...Is it a wishing well or a fish pond? which is which?

    This portrait was near the Basilica del Sto. Niño comfort room. 
    This hallway will lead you inside the Basilica del Sto. Niño church.
    Honestly i don't know where it lead to but it caught my curiosity.
    Four Gigantic statues inside the Basilica del Sto. Niño Compound, I think these statues was inspired by Greek or Roman sculpture. 
    View of the Sr. Sto. Niño church with thousands of devotees.
    View of the Basilica del Sto. Niño outside altar, Masses were celebrated here starting 3pm - 8pm in the evening on Sundays, I don't the Schedule during weekdays.
    Colegio del Sto. Niño beside the Basilica del Sto. Niño compound.
    Entrance and Exit of the Basilica del Sto. Niño church with thousands of devotees.
    Magallanes street entrance and exit of the Basilica del Sto. Niño compound with balloon vendors.
    Osmeña Boulevard entrance and exit of the Basilica del Sto. Niño with candle vendors.
    The sacred image of the miraculous Sr. Sto. Niño de Cebu. We celebrate the feast of the holy child every Third sunday of January in connection with this, we also celebrate Sinulog festival some way of thanks giving of the holy child.


    0 comments:

    (c) Copyright 2010 Laag Suroy. Blogger template by Bloggermint